Amy Shark is no stranger to the 100 most popular with its success Adore claiming second place in the 2016 account. In addition to another fifth final, he also landed in position 36 with All Loved Up.
After a great year for the singer, songwriter and producer of Gold Coast, the winner of the "Year's Album" Love monster, Best Pop Release and Best Female at the recent ARIA, Shark & I said hello finished in front of Dean Lewis Being well in sixth place, of Mallrat's Groceries Seventh, Billie Eilish in eighth place with When the Party is over, Ruby Fields & # 39; Dinosaur in the ninth and Ocean Alley Knees rounding out the top 10
At the end of the last week, Ocean Alley keyboardist Lach Galbraith said the band would be listening to the countdown around the pool of a friend, the same place where they also spent the # 39; Last year the 100 best when his song The Comedown reached the 48th.
"I'm not a man of bets, we make music because we love it and what we've seen online … the excitement is great, but we all like a little surprise," he said . Without a doubt, they were surprised with three of their own songs (all of them last year) Clarobscur album) in addition to a cover that landed in the 100 hotest, which took place in 1989.
You are loading
"Our writing is free to flow," Galbraith said. "If you come from a place, we think it's a good place, we're going to chase it … we do not realize the impact it has on it (Trust), people started to really get it. "
This is the second year in which the hottest 100 was held on January 27 after Triple J transmitted the story from the day of Australia last year. It was a change criticized by some listeners and politicians at that time, but was overwhelmingly supported by those who voted.
There were 65 Australian songs on the list of 100 artists and 21 appeared for the first time. Eight of the artists that appear this year scored a hat-trick list three consecutive years and five songs were uploaded that made it to the list to Triple J Unearthed in 2018.
Rapper and producer Kendrick Lamar of Compton in California, who finished in the first place of 2017 with the 100 warmest Humble, placed the 28th year with the track All the stars with SZA.
You are loading
A record number of votes were issued in the account of this year with more than 2.7 million, 15% or 370,000 votes compared to the previous year. A greater percentage of women than men voted and little more than 60 percent of voters were 24 years and under. New South Wales led the votes with 29 percent followed by Victoria (23 percent), Queensland (19 percent), Western Australia (10 percent), Southern Australia (eight percent), ACT and Tasmania (three percent) and Northern Territory (one percent). Five percent of the votes were presented from abroad.
Vance Joy of Melbourne, his He was born two The album was released in February last year, it was between two artists who had backing tracks with the story on Sunday Let's go home landing in the fifth position i Saturday Sunday to the fifth position. Rufus Du Sol of Sydney arrived on days 21 and 22 with Under the water i Get better respectively.
Hip-hop artist and dancer Danzal Baker, from Arnhem Land in the Northern Territory, performs and records as Baker Boy and was named Australian young man of the year on the eve of Australia's Day . Fans voted for Baker Boy's track Lord, The Di Da Di in 51st place.
The Sydney DMA will be in charge of a major trip to the United Kingdom in April, but for the moment it can celebrate three of its songs that land in the hottest 100 with In the air affirming site 41, The end reaching 60 i I need you now? landing in 97th place. It was the fifth consecutive year of DMA in the countdown. It was also the fifth year followed by Peking Duk, who reached the fifth position with Lost.
Florence and the Machine, who performed at The Domain in Sydney on Saturday and the Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne last week as part of their national tour, reached the 82nd place with Fam.
The Wollongong Hockey Rock duet is a triple J bigger and has achieved a threefold headline Join the Club on the 18th, I want to be the whole world to the 61st i Sweet Release falling to 73th place. The three songs come from the band's second album Blend inn, which also contains the track Homely Feeling which reached the fifth position in the count last year.
The rapper and Canadian producer Drake, who also has his other roles, released his double album Scorpion Last year and scored two hot spots with 100 Nice for What in place 40 i Plan of God arriving at 43º.
Kanye West Ghost town from his You The album reached number 98 just in front of Yungblud's Polygraphic eyes at the 99th.
Triple J music director Nick Findlay told Ocean Alley Trust It had a "level of sun soul" that made it very popular throughout the country. "It is a song that led the votes from the first election day and never left its great success story," he said.
2019 TRIPLE J 100 MORE CALA
1) Ocean Alley – Trust
2) FISHER – Losing it
3) Travis Scott – SICKO MODE (ft Drake)
4) Child gambarin – This Is America
5) Amy shark – I said hello
6) Dean Lewis – Being well
7) Mallrat – Groceries
8) Billie Eilish – When the match is over
9) Ruby Fields – Dinosaurs
10) Ocean Alley – Knees
11) Skegss – Up In The Clouds
12) The Wombats – Gir
13) A $ AP Rocky – Praise the Lord (Da Shine) (eg Skepta)
14) Wafia – I'm good
15) Hayden James – Only friends (boy Matthews son)
16) Ocean Alley – Baby Come Back (Triple J Like A Version 2018)
17) Billie Eilish – Precious (khalid)
18) Stop hockey – Join the Club
19) Buds – Peaches
20) KIAN – Waiting
21) The Rubens – Never (feet Sarah Aarons)
22) RÜFÜS DU SOL – Under the water
23) RÜFÜS DU SOL – Get better
24) Hoods Hilltop – Leave alone
25) Storms – I miss you
26) Vera Blue – All the pretty girls
27) Post Malone & Swae Lee – Sunflower
28) Kendrick Lamar & SZA – All the stars
29) Peking Duk – Fire
30) Cub Sport – Sometimes
31) Alison Wonderland – Church
32) The Rubens – Forgotten God
33) Post Malone – Better now
34) Princess of the king – 1950
35) Mac Miller – Steps
36) Amy shark – All Loved Up
37) Ziggy Alberts – Love me now
38) G flip – About you
39) Music Ball Park – Perfect life does not exist
40) Drake – Nice for What
41) DMA's – In the air
42) Ziggy Alberts – Wolves around the sun
43) Drake – Plan of God
44) Hoods Hilltop – Clark Griswold (feet Adrian Eagle)
45) Hold the horizon – MANTRA
46) Billie Eilish – You should see & # 39; m in a crown
47) DZ Deathrays – Like people
48) San Cisco – When i am dream
49) Angie McMahon – Losing & # 39; m
50) RÜFÜS DU SOL – No place
51) Baker Boy – Lord, The Di Da Di
52) Khalid – Better
53) Vance Joy – Let's go home
54) Vance Joy – Saturday Sunday
55) Peking Duk – Lost
56) Halsey – Without me
57) Default values – Martini
58) BENE – Buried
59) Meg Mac – Give me my last name
60) DMA's – The end
61) Stop hockey – I want to be the whole world
62) G flip – Killing my time
63) BROCKHAMPTON – BOOGIE
64) Middle Kids – Wrong
65) Methyl Ethel – Scream Whole
66) Flight facilities – You need (ft NÏKA)
67) Anderson. Paak – Dyes (feet Kendrick Lamar)
68) benny blanc – Eastside (Halsey feet, Khalid)
69) The Wombats – Cheetah's tongue
70) Mallrat – UFO (Allday feet)
71) Skegss – Smoked outside
72) Nothing more thieves – What can I do if the fire goes out (triple J as a 2018 version)
73) Stop hockey – Sweet Release
74) Princess of the king – Pussy Is God
75) Kira Puru – Molotov
76) Polish club – Clarity
77) CHVRCHES – Miracle
78) Hayden James – Better Together (ft. Touch Current)
79) Thelma Plum – Clumsy love
80) Mark Ronson – Nothing breaks like a heart (ft. Miley Cyrus)
81) Jack River – Dance hall
82) Florence + The machine – Fam
83) BROCKHAMPTON – 1999 WILDFIRE
84) Tash Sultana – Cigarettes
85) Anderson. Paak – Bubblin & # 39;
86) Cal Cordiale – Cheap dirt
87) Ruel – Younger
88) WAAX – Labrador
89) Ruel – Stunned and confused
90) Post Malone – Psycho (eg Ty Dolla $ ign)
91) A $ AP Rocky – Sundress
92) Storms – Everyone but you
93) Trophy eyes – You can count on me
94) The Amity Affliction – Ivy (Doomsday)
95) arctic monkeys – Four out of five
96) Odette – Take it to your heart
97) DMA's – I need you now?
98) Kanye West – Ghost town
99) YUNGBLUD – Polygraphic eyes
100) Ocean Alley – Happy sad
Martin Boulton is editor of EG at The Age and Shortlist Editor at Sydney Morning Herald
You are loading