10.20 hours, January 15, 2019
The weather situation The northern slope of Austria of the Alps It is still precarious: several avalanches are on Monday afternoon or evening on Tuesday Tirolenses streets dead. In Raumsau, an evacuated hotel has been hit by avalanche. In parts of the Upper Styria The morning of Tuesday according to the warning service prevails the danger of "great" or "significant" avalanches. The first was skin North alps of Dachstein to Rax, Schladminger Tauern, Hochschwab i Mariazellerland. Level 3 of warning was for Maritime Alps, Gleinalm, Koralm, Grazer Bergland and the East Estonia.
Assistants, including those of the Armed Forces, take their physical limits, as shown in a video of the iron ore army. Due to the strong winds and avalanches growing, the road closed again at Präbichl on monday at noon.
for Tuesdays in the morning I expected the ZAMG on the northern side of the Alps to extend again 20 to 40 centimeters of fresh snow. To the west, like the Arlberg, It should be added about 50 centimeters in snow depth, in the zone of High Tauern 60 to 70 centimeters. In the afternoon, snowfall and rains will fade on Tuesday and clouds can relax. The wind is particularly strong in the mountain at the beginning strong to stormy and weaker at night.
Until Monday morning, there has been a cool snow that is widespread on the north side of the Alps within 24 hours, between 20 and 60 centimeters. Sometimes it also rained at higher heights, reported the Central Institute of Meteorology and Geodynamics (ZAMG). Especially in the highest mountains of Vorarlberg and Tyrol there were places even between 80 and 100 centimeters in snow.
in the Wednesday and Thursday At least, sometimes, the sun shines and snows or it rains little or not. On Friday it looks a bit more changing from the momentary point of view, but it does not entail any fresh snow.
Due to the renewed snowfall there was the Arable situation in the northern Alps It was usually tightened again at the beginning of the week:
- in the Flachgau On Monday morning, in an accident with a flood of the ceiling, a 47-year-old boy died. Four employees from a Salzburg company were Faistenau Busy with a roof, when the snow broke suddenly and all four remained six feet deep. Two workers were buried completely, the others in part, a police spokesman said.
- a Lech am Arlberg On Saturday, at least three people died in an avalanche exit. A man is still missing The four men are German tourists. In the state Vorarlberg On Monday, it has largely achieved the highest alert level of avalanche 5 (very high risk). Spontaneous outflows of loose snow avalanches and slabs are anticipated, Andreas Pecl explained the alaus warning service. The expert urgently advised against activities outside of protected areas.
- Because he Hochkar Alpine Road a low Austria On Monday morning, it was supposed to be blocked so emergency services would be switched on. Hochkar (Scheibbs district) about 180 people were included. In the area of the road, "there have been some avalanches," Mayor Friedrich Fahrnberger (ÖVP) said. "There is a total failure of the power, but emergency generators are in use." There are members of the fire brigade and the army, as well as personnel from the Hochkar companies that took the weekend, among other things, the tasting of emergency services.
- a Salzburg In the news, 41,000 people are separated from the outside world. Just inside Rauris im Pinzgau There are a total of 5000 people. The avalanche warning Commission has closed the Rauriser Landstraße (L 112) due to a threat of avalanches. Since afternoon hours, Saalbach-Hinterglemm was no longer accessible.
- Also on Tuesday, the heavy snowfall of recent days have caused interruptions in power Tyrol out Approximately 500 households in seven municipalities were affected in the morning, according to Tinetz throughout Tirol. There were 25 failed transformer stations.
- a Upper Austria He has continued to use level 4 of alert on Monday in the mountains. It was anticipated that the situation would continue to tense and that the danger would only decrease in a few days. In the middle and lower zone, the situation continued to grow, as the snow became heavier due to rainfall and softer temperatures.
- a Salzburg About 6,000 people from the outside world were cut.
- After the slight relaxation of the weekend, on Monday morning there was another snowfall on the Upper Styria the danger of avalanches did not do better: on the North Plateau, the level of warning four continued to prevail: "great danger". To the mountain groups in the south, there was a considerable danger of avalanches on the tree line. From pronounced lands could spontaneously solve large avalanches of slabs.
Read here how is Styria.
In Carinthia, on the other side, there is one of the driest winters.
The live blog constantly informs about snow conditions in all federal states:
Images of the affected areas
For those who need to be on snowy roads: the editors have added some tips. Getting the car out of the snow is not that easy, as shown in this video of Obertauern: