Sunday , April 11 2021

After calling Renan Calheiros to flee, the government established a working group to connect with other candidates



BRASILIA – After the
phone call
the president
Jair Bolsonaro
for the senator
Renan Calheiros
(MDB-AL) that will be released by the press, the government hurried on Thursday to a working group to call others
candidates
to the presidency of
Senate
.

GLOBO published the report with the link information congratulating Renan on his win in the MDB internal race to be nominated for publication at 8:25 a.m.

At 9:25 p.m., Minister of Civil Affairs, Onyx Lorenzoni, used Twitter to say that Bolsonaro "summoned all the candidates for the Presidency of the Senate today in a gesture of respect for the institution." The president also used the social network, at 9:38 p.m .:

"This Thursday, on the eve of the elections for the presidency of the Senate, we seek diplomatically to contact the candidates who wish them luck, the elected ones will be very important for democracy and the future of Brazil," he wrote.

In a subsequent post, the president completed:

"Any attempt to discredit the institutional role of the Government in front of these facts is lacking in good faith and professionalism.

However, the calls were activated after the call to Renan and its release by the press.

With informal support from Onyx, Davi Alcolumbre (DEM-AP) received the call around 21:20, according to his advice. Tasso Jereissati (PSDB-CE) only spoke to Bolsonaro about 10 in the afternoon, afterwards, even after the positions of the president and the minister. The same happened to Senator Reguffe (No party-DF), who attended at 10:20 a.m.

Alvaro Dias (Podemos-PR) said that he attended Bolsonaro at 9:45 p.m. Ângelo Colonel (PSD-BA) received a call from the Planalto at 9:40 p.m., but it fell. Senator Esperidião Amin (PP-SC) refused to say if he received the call. Olímpio Mayor (PSL) did not respond to the report.

The government was criticized by senators of different colorations of the party after the Civil House took part in the dispute. According to parliamentarians, Leonardo Quintão, of the Lorenzoni team, sought candidates who tried to demobilize them in favor of Alcolumbre. Senator Simone Tebet (MDB) said last week that he proposed to stop running. In return, the presidency of the Constitution and the Justice Commission (CCJ) will be guaranteed.


Source link