Nanny with which Google remember this day refers to the Arecibo message. This was a radial transmission that was sent to space radio telescope Arecibo , located in Puerto Rico, November 16, 1974, 44 years ago.
Although the main objective was to demonstrate human technological achievements and to mark the reorganization of the Arecibo radio telescope in a unique way, it was noticed that instead of broadcasting any sound in the space, a message was thought to be an alleged attempt to address with an intelligent civilization that is capable of receive and decode.
The message had a length of 1679 bits and was sent to a cluster of stars called the M13 (Globular Cluster). This cluster is in the constellation of Hercules at a distance of about 25 thousand light-years and consists of about 400 thousand stars.
This message contained a series of data on our planet and its position in the Solar System, our civilization, our human being, our chemical composition and our DNA, and were designed by researchers Frank Drake, Carl Sagan, among others.
All the sequences of sounds or bits are encoded so that they are decoded into a quadruple version. There are 8 possible configurations, 8 symmetries of the same sample, which show a non-random drawing. this can be seen in different ways, but this leads to the same information.
This drawing can be divided into seven parts, each of them dedicated to one aspect of the human being, its location and its composition:
1. Numbers: The first "line" of the message has numbers 1 to 10 written in binary format.
2. Molecules: numbers 1, 6, 7, 8 and 15 represent hydrogen (H), carbon (C), nitrogen (N), oxygen (O), and phosphorus (P).
These are DNA Homo Sapiens Sapiens components that send a message.
3. Sugar formulas and bases in DNA nucleotides:
– Deoxyribose C5OH7, adenine C5H4N5, cytosine C5H5N2O2, deoxyribose C5OH7.
– phosphate PO4, phosphate PO4.
– Deoxyribose C5OH7, thymine C5H5N3O, guanine C5H4N5O, deoxyribose C5OH7.
– phosphate PO4, phosphate PO4.
4. Double spiral structure of the DNA: Which are the living beings on Earth parts (the vertical bar represents the number of nucleotides).
5. Figure of human being: With data as average height: 1764 mm. In addition to the size of the human population encoded in 32 bits: 4 292 853 750.
6. Solar System: Shows the Sun, Merkur, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. The planet from which the message came from is a highlighted mismatch. The number of points refers to the size of the planet in question.
7. The back part represents the Arecibo radio telescope with its diameter (2430 multiplied by a wavelength of 306.18 m).
Although the message will take about 25 millennia to reach its destination, and therefore another 25 millennia in which an eventual response returns to our planet, this message is still part of many of man's efforts to get in touch with intelligent life in the universe.
On August 21, 2001, an alleged response to the Arecibo message appeared, appeared in the wheat field next to the Chilbolton radio telescope in Hampshire (UK).
Although many UFO researchers thought it would be the answer to the message. Official information is attributed to the preparation of this image in wheat fields to scientific staff working in a nearby radio telescope.