On 11 November 2018, Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NISE: BABA) recorded a record profit of $ 30.8 billion (213.5 billion yuan) of GMV. Growth of 27% compared to 2017
Daniel Zhang, President and CEO of Alibaba Group, says:
"Today, we witnessed the strength and potential of the Chinese economy led by consumers who want to improve their everyday lives. The participation of the entire Alibaba ecosystem has enabled our brand and our trading partners to engage with consumers as never before.In the future, Alibaba will continue to support evolution into the lifestyle and the digital economy of tomorrow. "
Highlights 11.11 Global Shopping Festival 2018
The total amount (GMV) settled through Alipai amounts to $ 30.8 billion (213.5 billion yuan), an increase of 27% compared to 2017.
- Cainiao network has processed more than a billion orders
- More than 180,000 brand participants
- More than 40% of consumers bought goods and services from international brands
- 237 brands exceeded 14 million brands of GMV, including major international brands such as Apple, Disney, Kindle, Estee Lauder, L & Oreal, Nestle, Gap, Nike and Adidas
- Main stores in China: Japan, USA, South Korea, Australia and Germany
- 230 countries and regions were able to trade
- Lazada joined 11.11. Within the Alibaba ecosystem, it has enabled consumers from Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines and Vietnam to participate in the festival
Gross Value 11.11 The Global Shopping Festival represents the total value of an order originating from Alipai in Alibaba's mass market markets in China, Lazati and AliExpress, during the 24-hour period of November 11th. It is published in real time and includes shipping costs (if any).
The operational results of the Alibaba Group presented in this release are in June.
All conversions from the yuan to USD are based on US $ 1 for 6.9329 yuan, the central parity rate announced by the People's Bank of China on November 9, 2018. The data presented in this release, including those related to GMV, have not been audited. Depending on the setting.
To learn more about the event, visit the official Alibaba Group Twitter account (vvv.tvitter.com / AlibabaGroup)