VIVA – Manchester City will hold Shahter Donetsk on Thursday in the group stage of the VIB group, on November 8, 2018. This match will be held at the headquarters of Etihad Civic Stadium.
This match has become an opportunity for the Pep Guardiola team to qualify more quickly. And they are supported by a good record when they meet Shakhtar.
At the previous meeting of the Ukrainian national team, ManCity won with a convincing result of 3: 0. This time, their chances of winning were obviously bigger as they competed at home.
However, ManCity is also hit by a negative trend in the Champions League when competing at home. And this is their chance to break the negative trend.
Here are some interesting facts gathered from Ski Sports:
1. ManCity won two of the three encounters against Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League. Another match ended with defeat.
2. Shahter Doneck never won when he played in England at seven meetings at the European competition (1 draw, lost 6).
3. The bad record of the Shahter in England could fall apart later in the match. Because ManCity was hit by a bad result because he always lost in the last three domestic matches in the Champions League.
4. If you lose with Shakhtar, ManCity will be the first English team to lose four consecutive home matches in the Champions League.
5. Raheem Sterling and Sergio Aguero become players who deserve to be watched by Shahter's defense. So far, all competitions have achieved 16 goals for the citizens. (one)