KOMPAS.com – Recently, news about several teenagers from Kudus Regency, Central Java, found that they were drunk in an unusual way, using used sanitary napkins.
Head of the Department for Removing the Central Java Province of Narcotics (BNNP), AKBP Suprinarto, said that adolescent ages used sanitary napkins ranging from 13 to 16 years old, some even outside Kudus.
This is an unusual case, because according to Dr. Andona Hestiantoraa, SpOG (k) from the Department of Reproductive Immune Endocrinology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, RSCM, a menstrual exit that is tied to sanitary napkins, is actually not innocent.
He said, the menstrual blood contains mucous membranes of the mucous membrane of the mucous membranes, proteins, red blood cells and white blood cells that will immediately be damaged and destroyed after being exposed to high temperatures when cooked.
Also read: Can people make you mad, what are the effects of PCC?
"It can be concluded that menstrual blood does not contain any material that can cause hangover or poisoning," he said when he contacted by e-mail on Monday (11/11/2018).
He suspected that the ingredients contained in the sanitary napkins that were caused by the teenagers "ngefli"
At least 5 ingredients contained in sanitary halls, namely polyethylene fibers, cellulose fiber or gel fibers, rubber or plastic adhesives and paper. However, Andon suspects that polyethylene fibers play a role in causing disease of movement.
"Polyethylene fiber is a synthetic fiber that is also used to make fabrics or clothes. Polyethylene and polypropylene are synthetic polymer products made from sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) with the fermentation process, and the second variant is ethylene glycol," said Andon.
Also read: Be careful. These 5 psychotropic drugs are the easiest to abuse
"These materials can also be found in adhesive products, paints, lubricating oils, etc. The material will, if heated or dissolved, have the properties that can be drilled and reduced consciousness," he continued.
He warned that drunkenness is dangerous in this way. In early stages it can cause dizziness, nausea and vomiting. But in yet another phase, Andon said that the solution from ready-made cushions could cause epileptic seizures and kidney failure.
So far, Andon still did not know where teenagers knew about information about inorganic cooked water. But, according to Suprinant, children in the street are desperate to try drunk baths because they hear information from mouth to mouth.