Saturday , August 20 2022

Death of a toxic tourist with a cat in Morocco



[ad_1]

A British tourist has died of "rabies" after being hit by a cat during a visit to Morocco.

Commenting on the news, the British public health authority noted that "tourists should avoid contact with animals in countries where it has been raging predominantly."

The agency added that "rabies" was not widespread in the United Kingdom, and not between domestic and wild animals, while confirming that the five Britons suffered from illness between 2000 and 2017, while they are outside Britain.

In a related context, the World Health Organization earlier reported that the disease, "fever", prevailed in 150 countries around the world, which led to thousands of deaths, especially in countries in Africa and Asia.

The United Nations agency said 99% of infections were caused by direct contact with dogs, which leads to the transmission of viruses to humans.

The rabies virus attacks when it enters the body, into the human brain and its nervous system, while the virus is transmitted as a result of the victim being subjected to bites or injuries from the cans or nails of animals.

Source: BBC

[ad_2]
Source link