The National Center for Public Health of the Ministry of Health (NVSC) reports that the number of people with influenza and acute respiratory infections (MCV) in Lithuania has increased slightly over the past week. The total incidence of influenza and HCVTI was 26.0 cases per 10,000 cases. population, from April 26 to May 2 of the previous week. – 25.8 cases for every 10 thousand. population.
May 3-9 The highest number of patients was recorded in Kaunas County (34.9 cases per 10 thousand inhabitants), the lowest – in Marijampolė County (17.1 cases per 10 thousand inhabitants).
According to the NVSC, no flu cases were reported last week, a week earlier, three Lithuanians had the flu.
2020-2021 during the flu season, no one was treated for the flu in hospitals.
2020 At week 18, the overall incidence of influenza and CVD was almost 3 times lower and amounted to 8.8 cases per 10,000 cases. population, and at the same time in 2019. the morbidity rate mentioned was higher: 37.5 cases per 10 thousand. population.
According to the National Public Health Laboratory, in 2021. 17 weeks no samples were taken for the detection of influenza virus, therefore no influenza virus was isolated.
Although there are only two weeks left until the end of the flu season, NVSC specialists advise to continue to follow strict hygiene rules during the quarantine period:
- coughing and sneezing to cover your nose and mouth with disposable handkerchiefs;
- wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizers, especially after coughing or sneezing;
- try not to touch your eyes, nose and mouth, especially with dirty hands;
- frequent cleaning and ventilation of the premises;
- if you have flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, headache, joint pain, etc.), contact your family doctor immediately by phone.