Wednesday , August 4 2021

The testimony of the former CEO of YR1M is a rumor, the court said



PUTRAJAYA: The testimony of a former general manager of Yayasan Rakyat 1Malaysia (YR1M) that the then chief private secretary of Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak had asked to coordinate the transfer of 42 million RMS to the bank account of the former prime minister goes be said and inadmissible, the Court of Appeal heard today.

Former Prime Minister Harvinderjit Singh’s lawyer claimed that Un Su Su Ling’s testimony was discussed at his September 2014 meeting with the late Datuk Azlin Alias ​​(former chief private secretary of Najib) and that their so-called instructions were used as evidence in the case of the prosecution.

He said the alleged December 2014 and February 2015 instructions to Ung from Azlin came from WhatsApp messages that had not been produced and it was admitted that they had been deleted. Azlin died in a helicopter crash on April 4, 2015.

Harvinderjit noted that neither the main document (a mobile phone) nor the WhatsApp messages were produced.

“My lord, when Ung was questioned during the trial, Ung said he had deleted the messages and deleted the phone because he wanted to ‘erase the painful memory,'” he said when he appeared before a three-member bench. led by Judge Datuk Abdul Karim Abdul Jalil, at the hearing of Najib’s appeal against his conviction and jail sentence for misappropriation of RMS 42 million in SRC International Sdn Bhd funds.

Harvinderjit further said that the trial judge, Mohd Nazlan Mohd Ghazali in his decision, had relied on Ung’s evidence of his conversation with Azlin to link Najib in the case.

“In short, Ung’s explanations in the context of his education, training and stature made no sense. She was not a country girl. She was a lawyer by training and had many years in the business field.

“He stated that he allegedly received instructions from Azlin via WhatsApp, but that he had deleted them after learning that Azlin had died on April 4, 2015. However, he later admitted that on that date it was aware of the controversy surrounding SRC.

The lawyer said that if her instructions were from Azlin, she would have saved the messages to protect herself.

He added that his explanation that he deleted the messages and literally threw the phone away was dubious and generally unbelievable.

The Kuala Lumpur High Court had sentenced Najib to 12 years in prison and a fine of RM 210 million on July 28 last year after he was found guilty of seven counts of breach of trust (CBT). money laundering and abuse of position, involving 42 million SRC International Funds.

The appeal hearing continues tomorrow. – Called




Source link