Hundreds of Peruvian citizens or foreign residents do not know if they have the Comprehensive Health Insurance (SIS) for free. Faced with this situation, the institution enabled the option to verify using your personal data or National Identity Document (DNI). In the next note, we explain step by step how to check if you are active in the SIS and what benefits you have.
the Ministries of Health (Minsa) urge people to consider this insurance, as they recently approved the new SIS Per Tots, where Peruvians without health insurance are automatically affiliated. Here we clarify all your doubts.
Steps to find out if you are affiliated with SIS
- If you want to check if you are affiliated with the Comprehensive Health Insurance (SIS), first, enter the following LINK. Here, you will see the option ‘Check if you are affiliated with the SIS’, click and it will send you to Online Queries.
- At the top right of the page, the ‘Search by’ option will appear. There select whether by Personal Data or by Document Type.
- Enter the data according to the option chosen and validate with the captcha code (in the image that appears).
- Click to Consult. There you will see whether or not you have the SIS. Also, the status of ‘Active’, ‘Inactive’ or ‘Canceled’.
YOU CAN SEE Tacna: SIS owes more than a million suns at Unanue Hospital for COVID-19 patients
What is the SIS and what does it cover if it is active?
Comprehensive health insurance (SIS) is a health insurance that is for all Peruvians and foreigners residing in our country. This is only enabled if you do not have other current health insurance. If this asset covers different areas, here is a complete list:
- Evacuation transport.
- Maternity and neonatal care.
- Surgical care and everything she includes.
- Outpatient care and all that that entails.
- Inpatient care (medical care, medications, consumables, X-rays, etc.)
- Costs for renovations and burials (covers funeral expenses, coffin, burning chapel and others).
- Preventive health care, this includes from vaccines for children and adults, to early detection of cancer.
- Emergency care ranging from diagnosis and treatment of medical emergencies, to lab tests and more.
What are the SIS plans?
The SIS has five insurance plans:
- Free SIS: People who are in extreme poverty or poverty (according to SISFOH), pregnant mothers, children, firefighters, among other groups.
- SIS for everyone: People who do not have health insurance, regardless of their financial condition.
- SIS Independent: For any citizens at a low cost.
- SIS Microenterprises: If you have a micro-enterprise and want to join your workers, you can do so under this modality.
- SIS Entrepreneur: Only for self-employed without anyone in charge such as stylists, seamstresses, among others.
YOU CAN SEE Cancer Law: They demand more resources and it doesn’t take long to regulate
How do I keep my SIS active?
To qualify for your active SIS and access benefits, you must consider the following requirements:
- Have an identity document or foreigner’s card.
- Have a bad or very bad rating in the MIDIS record.
- Not have or be affiliated with any health insurance, either private or from the EsSalud.
Contact telephone numbers of the Comprehensive Health Insurance
If you want to contact someone from the Comprehensive Health Insurance (SIS), contact the following numbers or other means of contact:
- SIS WhatsApp: 941 986 682
- phone: 514-5555 (Central SIS)
- Address of the main office: 212 Avinguda Carlos Gonzáles, Urb. Maranga, Sant Miquel. Opening hours: Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 1.00 pm and from 2.00 pm to 5.30 pm