The city of São João do Piauí organized, this morning (9), a joint effort to combat the mosquito Aedes aegypti, in the Marrakesh Village.
The movement was attended by the environmental monitoring coordinator, with the fight against endemic agents and the family health strategy team of the Marrecas Agreement. In addition to the joint effort to combat the mosquito Aedes aegypti (vector of dengue), the individual assessment of cases of suspected illness was made.
To help him, the Ministry of Health has prepared a list with guidelines for groups interested in organizing joint efforts.
MAIN TYPES OF CRIADOURO
• Make sure that the water tank and other water tanks are adequately covered;
• Remove the leaves or any other dirt that may entail a build up of water in the gutter;
• Keep tires in covered places;
• Store bottles with your mouth down;
• Do a periodic cleaning in drains, pipes and other types of cabins;
• Store the cubes with their mouths down;
• Store or throw objects that can accumulate water: bottle caps, dry leaves, toys;
HOW TO ELIMINATE FOCUS
• Wash the edges of the containers that accumulate water with soap and brush / shrub;
• Throw larvae on the ground or dry ground;
• For large water deposits and other water deposits for human consumption, it is necessary to have a health agent for the larvicidal application;
Social participation is key to winning the fight against the dengue mosquito. The realization of community efforts is a way to involve, mobilize and involve the population in the fight against Aedes aegypti.
WET PHOTOGRAPHIC REGISTRY