Friday , February 26 2021

Ghost of counterattack in the press denouncing "a conspiracy" Nissan – All the news of Guadalupe on the Internet



Carlos Ghosn, imprisoned in Tokyo for alleged financial negligence, spoke for the first time in the press on Wednesday, blatantly attacking Nissan officials, accusing him of "conspiracy and betrayal."

This is the first interview he gives to the press in Tokyo prison, where he has been arrested since his arrest on November 19. The interview was posted Wednesday on the Nikkei newspaper's Japanese business website.

On January 11, the court authorized visits different from those of its lawyers and consulates from France, Lebanon and Brazil, the three countries of which it is a citizen.

Carlos Ghosn beat him: Nissan executives wanted to pay "the project to integrate" Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors, who had debated with Nissan chief, Hiroto Saikawa, in September 2018.

In this sense, the 64-year-old leader said that "he had no doubt" that the charges against him, which he rejected again, are the result of "conspiracy and betrayal." .

Nissan reacted immediately remembering that Mr. Saikawa "had already categorically rebuked the notion of" coup d'etat ".

The investigation carried out secretly by the group since the summer of 2018 has "discovered significant and convincing evidence of embezzlement", added the Japanese manufacturer in a statement sent to AFP.

– "The deformed reality" –

In the course of the interview, the ex-auto tycoon swept charges describing his 19-year rule as "a dictatorship." "People have translated a strong leadership on the part of the dictator, distorting the reality to get rid of me," he said.

Carlos Ghosn faces three charges of non-compliance with confidence and a loss of revenue to stock market authorities during the period 2010 to 2018.

In his only appearance at the court on January 8, he said he was accused wrongly. Their attorneys have filed various security claims, in no case, with the justice system putting the risk of concealment or destruction of evidence and escape.

"I will not escape, I will defend myself," said Wednesday. "All the tests are in Nissan, and Nissan forbids employees to talk to me."

Asked about his life at the detention center, the former general manager of the alliance Renault-Nissan said that "he is doing well."

According to his defense team, he could remain in prison until his trial, which will not take place for months. Up to 15 years in prison.

– "I am not a lawyer" –

With respect to confidence-building charges, Carlos Ghosn said that the payment of 15 million euros to a Saudi billionaire, Khaled Juffali, of the "CEO's reservation," was approved "by head of the region "and other executives.

Ditto for the purchase of luxurious residences in Rio de Janeiro and Beirut. It has been validated by the legal department of Nissan, says the detainee, explaining that "he needed a safe place to work and receive people both in Brazil and Lebanon."

Nissan also accuses its former head of receiving a total compensation of 7.82 million euros from the Dutch subsidiary Nissan-Mitsubishi B.V. (NMBV). Here too, he calls for "a distortion of reality".

"I did something wrong, I'm not a lawyer," he said. "Everyone knew, why did not they tell me" if it was illegal?

The Franco-Japanese-Brazilian has lost all his titles since his surprise detention that he plunged the alliance into confusion. He was dismissed from the presidency of the Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors administration boards at the end of November, and resigned last week by Renault.


Source link