Wednesday , August 4 2021

Stelantis starts production in Russia



Stelantis will begin production of Fiat Skudo light commercial vehicles in Russia in late 2022, the vehicle manufacturer announced.


Source: Tanjug

Photo: Shutterstock / Antonello Marangi

Photo: Shutterstock / Antonello Marangi

The fifth largest car group in the world, with 14 brands in its portfolio, plans to produce Fiat vehicles at a car factory in the Russian city of Kaluga, according to Raa Tudej.

The plant is a joint venture between Stelantis, which owns 70 percent, and Micubii Motors, of Japan, which owns the remaining 30 percent.

It is planned to turn the Kaluga factory into an export hub, which will produce engines and vehicles for export to the markets of Europe, Latin America and North Africa.

“I am pleased to announce that next year the Fiat Professional vehicle brand will be added to the Peo, Citroen and Opel brands produced in Kaluga,” Xavier Diman, Stelantis’ senior vice president for Eurasia, told Reuters.

He added that in the future he will see it as “the beginning of a long history of a new brand in Kaluga”.

Ten years ago, the Kaluga factory produced Fiat’s Dukato model, but ended production with the completion of the partnership between Fiat and the Solers Group.

The factory now produces Peo 408, Citroen C4 sedan, Opel Zafira, Micubii Autlender and Micubii Pajero Sport, as well as several Peo and Citroen van models.

The plant has two assembly lines, which allows it to produce up to 125,000 vehicles a year.

Pratite nas na naoj Facebook jo Instagram page, Twitter account and get involved in science Viber community.




Source link