These characters should be controlled by everyone, although the definitive resolution belongs to the doctor's hands – the parent may consider the situation.
Cough, weakness, fatigue, fever … symptoms that are very common and parents are safe in their children. When is cold, flu or pneumonia? Tzv. Cold causes a whole range of viruses and is not serious, it is sufficient for rest, enough fluid and peace for the treatment.
But something else is already a pneumonia. This is a potentially dangerous disease with the need for proper antibiotic treatment by schedule. Even today, it's a disease that people die. Dangerous groups are always children. According to VHO, 156 million cases of lung inflammation occur annually in children under 5 years of age!
Beware of breathing changes
The problem, however, is that it is not easy for a parent to distinguish non-serious respiratory diseases from pulmonary inflammation. Particularly in infants and infants, the symptoms are poor.
In the case of newborns, fever may not be present, with fever and coughing often occurs in the baby. It is always important to measure the temperature and not rely on an assessment using a hand attached to the baby's forehead.
If cough occurs in children younger than 4 months, a doctor's visit is always necessary and avoidance of pulmonary disease should be avoided. For children of all ages, seek medical assistance with difficulty breathing – if the baby breathes effort, breathing in the nose, also under the throat, the breasts pull in the middle area and the abdomen.
Breathing is often loud, followed by whistling or hoarseness. It can also be very fast. Sometimes the bluish colors of the docks appear.
Such manifestations always require a medical examination and may also be present in non-lung diseases.
Inflammation of the lungs in infants may also show anxiety, restlessness or sleepiness, and coughing can not occur. If the baby progresses as often as possible, a serious illness is unlikely.
However, if the child completely refuses to eat or is prematurely separated from the breast or bottle, he is unhappy, nervous or apathetic, something is wrong. Care should be taken when the baby is not skin and acts as a sick person.
Pulmonary inflammation can begin as a common cold, but this does not improve, but worsens. Surprisingly, it is often undesirable to underestimate it.
Typical and atypical
A special case is the so-called. atypical, pneumonia pneumonia. Typical inflammation of the lungs is characterized by often poor functions. For example, it can only show long-term cough without temperature (hence the name "cold") and other pronounced manifestations.
In spite of poor symptoms and often normal findings in physical examination, this diagnosis is more pronounced in the X-ray image. This type of inflammation causes different bacteria than those responsible for classical pneumonia, so antibiotic treatment usually varies.
When to call an ambulance?
- For breathing difficulties listed above
- With a breath
- When swimming at the dock or face when the baby does not spill
- If you think the child is in acute danger
Immediately go to ambulance:
- Bleeds the trailer or cheeks while coughing
- With sound of breath during breathing, also with other sounds associated with breathing
- In extracting blood
- With quick breathing
- In the fever over 40 degrees Celsius
- If fever is small for 3 months
- In case of severe chest pain
- If the baby is "turned off", although it is awake
- If a child with a weakened immune system coughs – cancer patients, children taking corticosteroids, children after transplantation
- If coughing children with lung diseases – with cystic fibrosis
- If coughing children less than 4 months
- A child looks or reports very ill
- Any doubt
Visit your pediatrician within 24 hours if:
- The baby has long-standing cough attacks of 5 or more minutes
- Symptoms of cold have a baby up to 6 months
- If fever lasts longer than 3 days
- If the fever returns more than 24 hours after departure
- And chest and chest
- If you think a child needs to be examined, it is not an acute condition
Contact your doctor at least by phone:
- If coughing has caused vomiting 3 times or more
- When the nose is closed for more than 2 weeks
- Cough takes longer than 3 weeks
- For current symptoms of allergy – itching of the eyes and rhinitis
- Any doubts or questions