Saturday , April 17 2021

The woman suffered torture for months in the wheelchair



24 year old was paralyzed after stroking a lost cat

A young woman from Great Britain caressed a lost cat during the holidays in Portugal and ended up in a wheelchair. Apparently, the 24-year-olds had been infected by touching the animal with the Campylobacter bacterium, which meant that he could not walk for months.

Bacterial infection puts the young woman in the wheelchair

Especially in cats, many animal lovers can not help stroking them. This was also the case of Gemma Birch from Southport to the northwest of England, but something happened that just made them play some animals. For the 24-year-old boy, when he caressed a lost dog, he contracted a bacterial infection that caused his disembarkation in a wheelchair.

A young woman has been infected while caressing a cat with Campylobacter bacteria. The infection was put in the wheelchair at 24 years old. (Image: Saklakova / fotolia.com)

Campylobacter bacteria detected in the stools

According to a report by the British newspaper Mirror, Gemma Birch, 24, contracted an infection during a holiday in Portugal in 2014, causing her to temporarily paralyze her hips.

According to the blogger, he was in Albufeira, where he found a lost cat who became a friend.

However, the love of the animals was deadly: the last day of his escape he vomited again and again and fainted on the return flight.

Back in the United Kingdom, he was transferred to Southport Hospital, where doctors finally discovered that his stool contained the Campylobacter bacterium.

These germs are usually found in chicken meat.

Symptoms of the infection by Campylobacter

Campylobacter infections can cause inflammatory bowel disease, which is accompanied by symptoms such as diarrhea, severe abdominal pain, and fever.

It is also possible that nausea and vomiting occur, blood feces and additional complaints, such as headache and body aches, chills or fatigue.

In exceptional cases, the complication of campylobacteriosis is Guillain-Barré syndrome, a disease of the nervous system. The 24-year-old Englishman was one of these rare cases.

The disease attacks the nervous system

According to the newspaper's report, Gemma Birch was released from the hospital after a week. But his father quickly regained it after having a numbness in his legs in the middle of the night.

The doctors diagnosed the patient with Guillain-Barré syndrome: a condition in which the body's immune system attacks its own nervous system.

As a result, the blogger spent four months at a rehabilitation clinic and only returned to normal after 14 months.

"I had to rely on nurses to go to the bathroom and wash myself. I lost control of my intestinal and bladder and I could not use my arms and hands because they were so weak," the young woman explained.

She is supposed to have contracted the cat infection in Portugal, which could have collected the germs while tracking the tires.

That is obvious, among other things, an older study, which has been published in the "Canadian Medical Association Journal".

The researchers reported that four-legged friends can transmit pathogens to humans, for example, for bites and scratches, or even if they lick the animal in the face.

The patient was more careful

Gemma Birch has become more accurate after the hard test.

"As much as I was, I could not touch a lost cat right now. I love cat and pets," said the 24-year-old.

However, she would also expect "they have not rummaged in the hotel containers."

Your wish is for people to value their health while they have it. (Ad)


Source link