These are the details of this news (PLA): Causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment
Prophylactic hepatic abrasion (PLA): a cavity filled with pus formed in the liver due to a bacterial infection. Pus consists of a liquid of white blood cells (leucocytes) and dead cells that form after the body is exposed to the infection. In the case of (PLA), instead of downloading the pus from the site of the infection, collect them in the intracranial cavity. Abscess usually accompanies inflammation and inflammation in the surrounding area and abscess can cause pain and swelling in the abdomen. It is worth mentioning: purulent liver abscess can be fatal if it is not treated quickly.
Causes of purulent liver abscess:
Biliary disease is the most frequent cause of hepatic liver discharges, which include a wide range of cases in the bile duct that affects the liver, pancreas and gallbladder. Bile duct) and infected with 50% of the cases.
Other causes and risk factors are:
- Germs come from the torn appendix, which forms an abscess.
- Pancreatic cancer
- Colon cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease (intestinal disease), such as diverticulitis or perforated bowel.
- Infection or blood septicemia.
- Liver traumatism caused by accidents or other wounds.
According to a research published in the Journal of Clinical Infectious Diseases, patients with diabetes have a 3.6-fold greater chance of liver abscess due to their increased susceptibility to infection and various infections.
Syndrome of purulent liver abscess:
The symptoms of a purulent liver abscess are similar to those seen in inflammation of the gallbladder or in a massive infection.
Symptoms appear as:
- Pain in the upper right part of the abdomen.
- Rapid weight loss, such as loss of 10 kilos (4.5 kg) in a few weeks.
- Paul dark color.
- Clay stools, gray or bleached.
Diagnosis of hepatic purifying ascended:
The doctor may request a set of blood samples for the transplant (blood transplant) and some tests and image tests to diagnose the disease.
The following tests can be used:
- Abdomen ultrasound scan to locate abscess.
- TC or axial tomography with dye injection or intravenous variation to find the abscess and measure their size.
- Blood tests to find signs of inflammation, such as a high count of serum leukocytes and a high level of neutrophil cells. And the neutral cells: a type of white blood cells).
- The procedure of the stem of the blood, for the growth of germs and then determine the antibiotics that affect them.
- MRI for the abdominal area.
Purulent liver abscess may appear when you use a central catheter, such as a liver block that contains a gas.
Treatment of purulent liver abscess:
Some PLA patients can be treated successfully with antibiotics alone, but most need abscesses and discharges; This is the ideal treatment for a purulent liver abscess. This involves inserting a needle or catheter into the abscess to eliminate contagious pus.
At the same time, the doctor can perform a biopsy of the liver by taking a sample of liver tissue, which helps the doctor determine health of the liver and disease free.
All these diagnostic and intervention procedures are performed using ultrasound (ECO) or computed tomography (CT).
Some doctors treat PLA without surgery, to reduce the risk of spreading germs throughout the body. In serious and serious cases, surgery will be necessary to completely eliminate the abscess content.
After surgery, the patient is treated with antibiotics for several weeks to ensure complete elimination.
According to a review in the Journal of Clinical Liver Disease, antibiotics are administered intravenously, followed by oral administration for treatment and patient management (PLA).
Initial treatment with intravenous antibiotics helps heal and accelerate healing.
The oral administration of antibiotics to the patient will also be improved during several weeks of recovery after good clinical response as a result of surgical treatment and intravenous antibiotics.
Complications and complications of the disease:
The primary complication of purulent liver abscess is sepsis, a serious infection that can cause severe and severe systemic inflammation. This can lead to a serious reduction in blood pressure.
Sepsis will be fatal if it is not at the highest speed for antibiotics and intravenous fluids.
Surgical treatment and the discharge of purulent liver abscess is dangerous for the spread of germs throughout the body and this can cause a widespread infection or the formation of new abscesses in other organs.
Bacteria spread throughout the body can cause complications such as:
- Intestinal pulmonary embolism, which occurs when bacteria stimulate the formation of a blood clot in one or more pulmonary arteries.
- Cerebral abrasion, which can cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- Inflammation of the ocular balloon plants, which means infection with the inner layer of the ocular layers, can lead to loss of vision.
Perspectives and fate of patients with purulent liver abscess:
Unloading the purulent liver can endanger life, so you seek urgent medical help if you experience symptoms to avoid serious health complications.
Rapid diagnosis and surgical treatment are important for a good positive result.
Epidural abscess: causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment
Cerebral abrasion: Causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment
Breastfeeding miscarriages: causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment
What do you know about dental abscess?
Absorption between gums and teeth
Translation: Yusuf Al-Junaidi
Audit: Ali Kassem
Review: Tasnim Tibi
Only thanks to the scholars, they are … in the guide of those who are guided by the evidence / value of one that has been improved … and the ignorant of the students of the enemies
We appreciate your visit to our website and if you have any questions about this news, please let us know or leave a comment below.
Source: I think science