Friday , February 26 2021

A student died at bedtime after eating 5-day pastas that had been left out



  • An unnamed child of 20 years died at bedtime after eating five-day pastry.
  • He ate the pasta at room temperature and attributed the strange flavor to the new tomato sauce he had put.
  • The autopsy revealed a liver necrosis, indicating that the liver had been switched off.
  • Fecal herpes revealed the bacteria responsible for "fried rice syndrome," a food poisoning that is usually caused by leaving fried rice dishes at room temperature.

In a case that has highlighted Dr. Bernard on YouTube, a student with a poor knowledge of hygiene ended up dying at bedtime after eating 5-day pastes.

No name in case reports, the 20-year-old student used to prepare his meals for the week on a Sunday in an attempt to save time and money. It would drain pasta and then it would be in Tupperware recipients during the week after adding a sauce and reheating it, according to Dr. Bernard.

The student from Belgium reheated the spaghetti that had been prepared five days before and went to the kitchen at room temperature, according to a case study in the Journal of Clinical Microbiology. He attributed the strange flavor to the new tomato sauce that put his spaghetti, he ate everything and went out to play sports.

The 20-year-old was preparing food for lunch during the week.
Shutterstock

After 30 minutes of eating the pasta, it experienced an intense abdominal pain, nausea and a headache. After returning home, he immediately had intense episodes of watery diarrhea and vomited profusely, but did not seek medical attention and, instead, chose to stay at home, drink water and try to sleep.

The next morning her parents were worried when she did not move away from the college bed. When they went in to ask him at 11 in the morning, he was already dead.

The examination of his body revealed that he had died at 4 in the morning, about 10 hours after the spaghetti was eaten. His body was autopsy, while samples of pasta and pulp were sent to the National Reference Laboratory for Food Surges (NRLFO) for analysis.

The autopsy revealed hepatic necrosis, indicating that the liver had been switched off, as well as possible signs of acute pancreatitis. Fecal spikes revealed the presence of Bacillus cereus, a bacterium responsible for "fried rice syndrome", food poisoning usually caused by leaving fried rice dishes seated at room temperature for several hours.

The sample of his food sent to NRLFO contained significant amounts of Bacillus cereus, The confirmation of pasta flour was the cause of his illness, which led to his possible death, a few hours later.

Bacillus cereus The poisoning is surprisingly common. In 2003, a family became extremely ill Bacillus cereus– Associated food poisoning after eating 8-day pasta salad during a picnic.

The five children needed medical intervention and needed intensive care, while the youngest girl, who was 7 years old, died after the liver did not work.

Visit the INSIDER homepage for more information.


Source link