Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that – rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes is now saying that the "big" story rumored for Royal Rumble was "eventually going to involve" Dean Ambrose. The news of Ambrose planning to leave WWE in a few months apparently altered that.
- They also say Triple H is behind the big push for Seth Rollins and his being put into the big WrestleMania match with Brock Lesnar was Triple H's call.
- Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE is doing things gearing up for the switch to FOX for SmackDown and "they know they need to get ratings up." That's probably what is behind the idea of trying new things like being more risky and intergender wrestling and what not.
- He also said Zack Ryder was originally scheduled for Royal Rumble but Kurt Angle took that spot.
- For PW Insider, WWE wants to air Halftime Heat live from the Performance Center to avoid issues with spoilers.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you would like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.