VAR scans will be introduced to the England Premier League from the following season. (AP: Peter Birne)
The English Premier League will present a referee's video assistant next season, after the clubs agreed in principle at a shareholders meeting on Thursday.
"The League will now formally send a request to the International Federation of Football Associations and FIFA to use the VAR next season," the Premier League said in a statement.
There have already been trials of VAR in English competitions such as the FA Cup, which were discussed at the meeting in detail by key studies.
These trials received mixed reviews, and the fans complained about the time needed to reach a decision on its inconsistent application.
For others, however, this decision could not have been fast enough.
Only last weekend, Southampton striker Charlie Austin was on the cover page with a terrible request in one of the best interviews after the match, after his side was held in a draw of 1: 1 in Watford, demanding the introduction of the VAR into the Premier League.
Austin was upset after the second goal by his side was disrupted by Judge Simon Hooper, who believed his strike had left the team of mother Ioshida, who was in an offside position.
If the VAR was in use, Austin claims, I suppose the judge could check and see if the ball touched Ioshida and the goal would stand, giving Svents a potentially crucial 2-goal lead.
The Premier League decision will lead the competition in line with many top league leagues around the world, such as La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga – as well as the A-League, which was the world's first venue to present the VAR in April 2017.
At that time, head of the A League, Greg O'Rourke, was convinced that the VAR would be a huge success, saying that "the application of the VAR system would help eliminate inaccurate decisions about changes in key matches."
Things have obviously not been planned for the past.
With a host of incidents around the world, provoking an array of viewers and pundits, take a look at some of the drama that the English Premier League will want to avoid next season.
Derby of the accident
After a rather uncertain start of life with VAR – despite a deeply optimistic claim that exactly 98.9 percent of the time – A-League would hope this technology will be a bit smoother this season after successful implementation during the World Championship in Russia.
However, fans and VAR naisaiers did not have to wait a long time to have a reason to quit their frustration after the shovpiece rounded up one match and Melbourne derby was injured by the referee's error.
Big Socceroos Mark Bosnich described the use of technology as "absolutely shame" after Bruno Fornaroli won a 36-minute win at Docklands in a 2-1 win over Citi's dominant champions, as Coach Victory Kevin Muscat shook his head in disbelief at the margins.
Bosnich was equally similar next week when Western Sydney Wanderers had a goal in Sydney Derby in SGC, and Markus Babbel sent for his angry reaction.
At Fok Sports immediately after the match, former guard Socceroosa did not stay, he launched a passionate testimony against Austin – arguing to suspend technology until a review of its application was carried out.
"This can not continue," Bosnic said.
"There are no fans, no games, they are numbers. If they do not like something – like they do not like this – and you stand back and say" bad luck to them, "they will go away."
Grand Final Fail
Judges are often blamed for all controversial decisions, but when real technology fails, it's hard to point your finger on a man in the middle.
In the Big Final of 2018, the main technical failure was charged because Melbourne Victori opened a scoring against Nevcastle, despite the fact that James Donachie was apparently in the offensive to build up a nine-minute strike.
It was the only goal of the game, and refused the Jets fairy tale after it came out of a wooden spoon last year.
"We are extremely disappointed by this failure of VAR technology, and we understand the disappointment and frustration of Nevcastle Jets, their fans and indeed all football fans," said FFA head of A League League Greg O'Rourke in a statement.
"On that occasion, the technology itself failed and the required broadcast angles were not available. We are working with Havkee to understand thoroughly why this has been done and what can be done to make it happen again."
In defense of the A-League, comical situations are not only limited to Australia.
At the Bundesliga match between Mainz 05 and Freiburg at the end of last season, players were returned to the field during the half-time after VAR gave a penalty for handball, which was spotted after a whistle-blow by Judge Guido Vinkmann.
This led to a comic scene of a player who reappeared from the tunnel a few seconds after leaving the field, so the sanction – which Mainz striker Pablo de Blasis struck for the opening of the result in a 2-0 victory.
There have been such incidents that led clubs into the Premier League to postpone the introduction of the VAR for this season, reducing the trend of other major European leagues.
During his epic protest against the VAR, Bosnić strongly stated that football in Australia is probably the fourth number of games, adding that "this game will continue if this continues."
It is unlikely to happen in England, but the Premier League will hope that another year of trials and mistakes will see these problems eliminated by the start of the 2019/20 season.